Post Birth Abortions
Euthanasia of newborns is already being practiced in the Netherlands. Dutch doctors are asking the Netherlands government for guidelines on so-called "mercy killings" after revelations surfaced this week that a hospital in the European nation has been killing several newborns a year it determines are not healthy enough to live. [LifeNews, CNN, AP]
Hugh Hewitt remarks, "There are three kinds of people in the world: Those who will react with horror and alarm to this story; those who will applaud it; and those who will shrug it off as of no interest to them. I am uncertain which of the latter two groups is in worse moral condition." My response is horror.
What can said about doctors who choose to kill the innocent in the name of "mercy"? the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel - Prov. 12:10 "Wicked" is an appropriate word for this practice and the individuals who engage in it. International outrage would be appropriate although it presently appears to be lacking. Perhaps this is because there is little difference between killing a child before he or she is born and the killing of a newborn [see the Evangelical Outpost for more on the consistency between abortion and euthanasia of newborns]. The Dutch are simply becoming boldly consistent in their pro-abortion worldview.
- Obama's Support for Partial Birth Abortion - Oct 25, 2006
- March for Life - Next Monday!!! - Jan 21, 2006
- Urging Churches to Talk About Abortion - Jan 05, 2006
- Supreme Court Nominee Samuel Alito and Roe v Wade - Oct 31, 2005
- Support the Right to Life Act 2005 - Oct 25, 2005
- UK Considers Embryo Screening for Cancer - Aug 15, 2005
- Aborting the Viable Beyond 23 Weeks - Jul 25, 2005
- Aborted Babies Sold for Beauty Treatments? - May 27, 2005
- Bush Administration will Protect Abortion Survivors - Apr 23, 2005
- Russian Abortion Killing and Sterilizing Millions; Demographic Collapse Likely to be Worse than Previously Predicted - Apr 13, 2005
Post-Birth Abortion is the stupidest term I've ever heard. It is just another anti-choice propoganda tool that you neo con bible thumping women haters use to link infanticide to abortion. Abortion means the termination of a pregnancy. No pregnancy exists after birth, ergo, no post-birth abortion. If you want to talk about euthanasia, I'm all for it - the discussion and the practice, but get your friggin' terms straight. If I had a very sick newborn who was going to spend the last few days or hours in unbearable pain, I would be happy to let the doctor end her suffering so I could hold her while she died in peace.
Posted by: Nicole at December 15, 2004 3:51 PM
Where can I find the quote from Barbara Boxer on the House floor in which she said she believed in post birth abortion? I would prefer it not be from a conservative website so as to convince my liberal friends. Thanks.
Posted by: AlBerglund at January 31, 2005 12:07 PM